May 30 , 2021
A loaf cake is made in a bread loaf pan, as its name implies. Also known as a quick bread, these cakes can incorporate a wide variety of ingredients, such as fruit and nuts.
In this recipe, we've incorporated Lemon and Blueberries for a delectable sweet and tart flavour combination!
LEMON BLUEBERRY LOAF
1 cup (130g) Fresh blueberries
(E) For Dusting
Icing sugar / powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Line a loaf pan (8” x 4”) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir (B) well and set aside for 5 minutes. It will thicken slightly and ready to use.
- To a large bowl, mix (A) well.
- Stir (B) and (C) together until thick and gloopy.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Fold them together with a spatula. Be gentle, but work quite quickly.
- Fold the fresh blueberries (D) into the mix as soon as you can no longer see any dry flour.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, smooth out the top and sprinkle over a few extra blueberries.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Gently remove the parchment paper and leave the loaf on the rack until completely cool.
- Dust with icing sugar (E) before serving.
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram