Apr 26 , 2021
Vegan Mushroom Satay
Festive celebrations is around the corner, and what is Ramadan without a serving of delicious Satay during Buka Puasa?
This Ramadan, upgrade your season with healthier choices so you can still enjoy your feasting without the guilt!
Special thanks to AisyaJ for sharing this wonderful recipe and beautiful pictures!
Vegan Satay by https://www.instagram.com/aisyajway/
- 500g hericium mushroom
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 lemongrass
- 1 inch galangal
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 3 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 inch turmeric
- 4-5 tbsp molasses sugar (more if you want because usually satay is a little bit sweet)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp EV Coconut Oil
- Water as needed
- Blend everything together except for the mushroom and coconut oil.
- Add water if needed for blending.
- Once done, you can adjust the salt and sugar according to your liking.
- Then, mix the paste with your mushrooms and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Once done, you want to stick them all on skewers. I prefer to have around 3-4 pieces of mushrooms per stick.
- Next, you want to take the leftover paste from your marinate and mix with the coconut oil to brush on the mushrooms as a glaze when you are grilling your satay!
- Grill them until it’s nice and charred.
- Best served hot with kuah kacang and ketupat!
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram