Oct 14 , 2020
Wakame is a highly nutritious, edible seaweed that can add a range of vitamins and minerals to your diet for a low number of calories. It's also been associated with various health benefits, including lower cholesterol levels, decreased blood pressure, enhanced weight loss and reduced blood sugar!
TOFU & WAKAME MISO SOUP
2 cups Dashi stock / Water
2 tbsp Dried wakame
100g Shimeji mushrooms
3 - 4 tbsp Miso (White type soybean paste)
1 block Silken tofu (Drained, Cubed)
- To rehydrate wakame, submerge dried wakame in water for 5 minutes, drained, and it is ready to use.
- In a soup pot, bring dashi stock/water to a boil, add in shimeji mushrooms, and turn the heat to simmer.
- In a bowl, mix miso with a bit of soup stock till it dissolves completely, then pour it to the soup pot, mix well. NEVER OVERBOIL miso soup or it will lose its nutrients and flavour.
- Add tofu to soup, cook for a minute.
- Add rehydrated wakame, remove soup from heat. Serve warm! Wakame DOES NOT NEED TO BE COOKED. Add wakame right before serving to keep its nutrients and bright green colour.