Nov 06 , 2020
On a 🌱 plant-based diet and craving for some dessert bites?
What about some tangy, light and refreshing 🍋 lemon 🍪 cookies that's also packed with beneficial goodness~
Soft & Chewy Vegan Lemon Cookies
(A) 1 Flax egg (See instruction below)
2 cups Plain flour
2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Baking soda
½ cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Refined coconut oil
⅓ cup Unsweetened oat milk
2 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp *Carrot juice
Zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make a flax egg (A), mix 1 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed) with 3 tbsp water, set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix (B) well.
- In another bowl, mix (A) and (C) well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form 12 equal size of dough by using ¼ measuring cup or by hands, roll into balls, and flatten dough balls slightly on baking pan, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges have just set and tops are just set. Do not overbake. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on baking pan, and then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
*Carrot juice is totally optional. It serves as natural food colouring and gives cookies a light yellow colour.
Keep cookies in an airtight container should last for up to a week or in freezer for up to 3 months.