Oct 29 , 2021
Pickled Red Onions
1 red onion, thinly sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- Slice the red onions as thin as you can.
- Stuff all the red onions in the jar of your choice.
- In a measuring cup, combine apple cider vinegar, salt, honey/maple syrup, and hot water.
- Stir to dissolve the honey/syrup and salt. Pour the pickling mixture over the sliced onions, making sure they are immersed in the liquid, and let them set for an hour.
- After an hour, cover and store in the fridge for up to three weeks.
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram