Sep 19 , 2020
Osmanthus Gojiberries Jelly
A match fit for a king and queen! 👑
Pair your mooncake with this delicious and delicate 💮 Osmanthus Jelly.
2 tbsp Dried Osmanthus
2 tbsp Goji berries
180g Rock Sugar
2 cups of 500ml water each
- Rinse & drain osmanthus
- Rinse & drain goji berries
- Boil 500ml of water and let to cool for 3 minutes
- Pour the hot water into a bowl of osmanthus and allow to simmer for 3 minutes
- Filter out the osmanthus tea and add the rock sugars to it
- On medium low heat, stir until sugar is fully dissolved
- Mix gelatin with 500ml of water
- Add gelatin mixture into osmanthus tea mixture, stirring until completely dissolved
- Add goji berries and osmanthus flowers into final mixture
- Allow pot to cool until room temperature then refrigerate whole pot for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, mixture is slightly thickened. Mix well and transfer into 8x8 mould. Make sure to wet the inner part of a 8x8 mould with water and line with a plastic wrap first (this is to make it easier to 'lift' out the jelly)
- Remove any air bubbles and use a satay stick to spread the osmanthus and goji berries evenly
- Refrigerate until completely set.
- To unmould jelly, lift the edges of the plastic wrap
- Using a wet knife, cut out jelly into desired sizes
Good to know : Radiant Organic Goji Berry (Lycium variety) is grown in the remote hills of inner Mongolia. It has Vitamin C, Iron, beta carotene & polysaccharides.