Oct 29 , 2021
Love light airy desserts? Sink your teeth into Hokkaido cupcakes! Soft, fluffy and filled with delicate whipped cream - this little cakes are such fun and delicious treats to have at home.
EGG YOLK BATTER:
4 Egg yolks
40g Grapeseed oil
60g Cake flour
¼ tsp Salt
4 Egg whites
60g Granulated sugar
¼ tsp Lemon juice
150g Whipping cream
2 tsp Instant custard powder
½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 130C.
- EGG YOLK BATTER: In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with an electric mixer for a few seconds.
- Add grapeseed oil and milk, mix well.
- Sift in cake flour and mix well, set aside.
- MERINGUE: In another mixing bowl, whip egg whites, lemon juice and half of sugar with an electric mixer until foamy. Then add the rest of sugar and whip until soft peak.
- COMBINE & BAKE: Add ⅓ meringue to egg yolk batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of meringue half at a time and gently fold into batter with a spatula until no white streaks remain.
- Fill mixture to cups 70% full. Tap cups 2-3 times on table top to remove any air bubbles. Bake at 130C for 30 minutes, then increase to 150C for 15 minutes.
- Knock the cupcakes on table top once to prevent shrinking and set aside to cool completely.
- FILLING: Mix instant custard powder with milk and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff, add custard mixture and mix evenly.
- Fill cream into a piping bag with nozzle. Make a hole on top of each cupcake and pipe in cream.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with fruit if desired. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram