May 08 , 2020
Going on a plant-based diet but craving for your usual dose of pancakes? Try this recipe - and enjoy light, fluffy pancakes in no time!
*Recipe and pictures courtesy of Eshia Chong
125g all purpose flour
25g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
30g brown sugar
200ml almond milk
10g coconut oil
2tsp apple cider vinegar
Quick Tip :
The fluffy texture comes from adding cider vinegar to the batter, which reacts with the baking powder creating lift. For the best result, cook the pancake batter as soon as you've mixed the wet and dry ingredients together!
1. Whisk dry ingredients : flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, brown sugar
2. Whisk wet ingredients : almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar
3. Combine the batter and mix until no lumps
4. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into pan on low heat
5. Cook for a couple of minutes until bubbles appear on surface and batter has set around the edges
6. Flip and repeat on the other side
7. Once cook through, plate and serve.
Top with Radiant Maple syrup to complete your morning meal!
Radiant Organic Maple Syrup is extracted from the sweet sap of maple tree. (Grade A medium.) By Organic Standards, the trees are not over tapped to keep the tree in better health. The maple saps are stored in stainless steel drums and formaldehyde or other chemicals are prohibited in the processing. It is pure maple syrup. No corn syrup added. It has a distinctive and robust flavor great for cooking, glazing and adds to oats, pancakes and waffles.