Apr 04 , 2021
Curry Puff or 'Karipap' is a well loved kuih by Malaysians and commonly served for breakfast or teatime.
Make this yummy stuffed pastry in your own kitchen - switch up your oil to cooking coconut oil for a healthier choice!
3 medium size potatoes - cubed
2 TBSP curry powder
2 TBSP VCO (Cooking coconut oil)
1 Large onion - thinly sliced
100g chicken meat - diced
1 tsp salt
8 pieces ready made puff pastry 5" square
1 egg - for brushing
- Heat up VCO, add in onion. Sauté till onion turn soft
- Add in chicken , stir fry for 1 minute
- Add in potatoes, stir fry for another minute
- Pour in curry powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour in water, bring to boil then turn to low fire. Cover the pot, simmer for 5-8 minutes, stir occasionally till potatoes turn soft,
- Let the curry potatoes totally cold down to room temperature.
- Scoop curry fillings onto puff pastry squares. Secure the sides with fork.
- Bake for 200'c for 15 minutes.
You can make extra and store in freezer (step1-7).
Bake in oven 15 minutes 200'c before serving. (Do not defrost)
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram