Nov 10 , 2020
Do you like curry dhal? This is something you're unable to resist and a must match with roti canai! Or pair with bread or rice to form a complete meal.
In this recipe, we've switched up some ingredients for a healthier dish.
Chickpea is a great source of protein and fiber.
Grapeseed oil is a high quality vegetable oil that is cholesterol free, helps to lower LDL cholesterols, high in polyunsaturated and low in saturated fats, high in linoleic acid (Omega –6), vitamin E and fatty acids.
Radiant's premium Red Lentils are Certified Organic and are grown and processed without any artificial inputs. They have no added preservatives and are non-GMO.
100g chickpeas (Soak for at least 8 hours or overnight)
50g red lentils (Soak 30 minutes before use)
diced 1 onion,
chopped 3 glove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- In a pot , heat up with grapeseed oil follow by cumin
- Add in onions , follow by tomato & garlic , sauté for a minute
- Add in curry powder , salt and pepper , sauté for a minute
- Add in chickpeas & red lentils and mix everything well , pour in 300 ml water ( for pressure cooker) 600 ml water (for conventional stove) and bring to boil
- Set in bean mode (45min) or stove top for 90minutes
- It is ready to serve !