Sep 18 , 2020
Chocolate Snowskin Mooncakes
GIFT your loved ones with your own homemade mooncakes!Mid-Autumn Festival is around the corner, and Mooncakes are offered between friends or on family gatherings while celebrating the festival.
This year, impress with healthier homemade mooncakes like this Chocolate Snow Skin Mooncake - suitable for vegans too.
- 100g Snow skin mooncake mix (Cooked glutinous rice flour + Sugar)
- 14g Refine coconut oil
- 66g Water / Unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp Cocoa powder
- 120g White lotus paste (Low sugar)
Prepare Wrapper Dough
- Add cocoa powder to water or milk. Mix well.
- Add refined coconut oil to chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mooncake mix and chocolate mixture.
- Let the chocolate dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Shape the white lotus paste into 6 balls of equal size, 20g each.
- Shape the dough into 6 smooth balls of equal size, 30g each.
- Roll a dough ball into a thin wrapper using a rolling pin. Place a ball of filling in the center of the wrapper, then wrap the filling by pinching the edges of the wrapper at the top to seal.
- Dust the mooncake stamp (mini mooncake size, 50g) with flour and then shake off any excess flour.
- Fit the ball into the mooncake mould. REMEMBER smooth surface facing in. Press firmly for 10 seconds, and push gently to remove. REPEAT dusting & mould for the rest of the dough balls and fillings.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.