May 30 , 2021
Are you tired of your routine nut, soy, oat, and other milks?
We have just the recipe for you! Black sesame seeds milk, a refreshing treat. You will love the creamy, nutty flavour in this nutritious beverage.
BLACK SESAME MILK (VEGAN)
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 3 cups water – to soak
- 2 cups water – to blend
- Honey / Maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Soak sesame seeds in a bowl or jar with 3 cups of water. Leave to soak for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Rinse off under water using a sieve. Drain off the remaining liquid and place into a blender with 2 cups of filtered water.
- Blend for about one minute until very smooth and creamy.
- Strain through a nut milk bag or strainer and squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
- Pour into a bottle and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To serve, complement your milk by adding natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or dates!
Black Sesame Seeds are known to help nourish bones, the brain, good for the heart and also strengthens muscles!
Key health benefits include:
- Loaded with healthy fat
- Rich in antioxidants
- May lower blood pressure
- May have anticancer properties
- May promote healthy hair and skin
- High in copper– great as an anti-inflammatory and to ease joint pain
- High in magnesium and calcium– lowers blood pressure and supports bone health, respectively
- Contains unique lignins, sesamin and sesamolin– reduce cholesterol
- Rumored that the black colour of the seeds prevents pre-mature hair greys
Tried this (or any) of our featured recipes? Tag @radiantwholefood.organic on Instagram