Apr 17 , 2020
Beverages | Nut Milks, Soy Milk & Rejuvelac
Organic nutritious and healthy drink recipes to improve your health.
Soak overnight a handful of almond. Sesame seed 1 tbsp, flaxseed 1 tbsp.
Pour off the water and remove the almond skin.
Blend till smooth with 2 glass of warm water. Sieve off the residue if preferred.
Add sweetener of your choice like 2 tbsp honey, agave nectar, barley malt or black strap molasses. You may add Lecithin powder 1 tsp. and cut pieces of fruits of your choice.
You may also blend banana or avocado together with the nut milks to make it creamy and smooth.
The nut/seeds residue can be used to bake your bread.
Nut milks are rich in protein, vitamins B, potassium and delicious.
Great for your kids and family.
Choose from the Radiant wholefood BioGro organic certified nuts and seeds for your nut milks.
1 cup organic soy bean from Australia
2 cups plain water
Soak soya bean for 6- 8 hours or overnight.
Blend with 2cups of water.
Sieve through a cheese cloth the residue.
Bring to boil the soy milk and add any sweetener of your choice.
Optional sweetener: Honey, brown sugar or black strap molasses to sweeten.
You can make the same bean drink by adding some black bean too.1:2 ratio of bean with water.
Rejuvelac is a pre-digested food — the proteins are broken down into amino acids, the carbohydrates into simple sugars (dextrines and saccharines). These nutrients are readily assimilated by your body with little expenditure of energy.
Rejuvelac is extremely rich in eight of the B vitamins, as well as Vitamin E and K.
Rejuvelac has a pleasant, thirst-quenching taste. Drink as much as you like in between meals to flush the system out and help cleanse the intestinal tract.
How to Make It
For approximately 3 cups, you’ll need:
- 1 cup organic whole grains (organic wheat berries, millet, rye, brown rice, barley, etc.)
- 3 cups pure water (preferably distilled)
- a container, e.g., a wide-mouthed glass jar, a ceramic or stainless steel bowl
- Soak the grains in the water for 48 hours. (You can place a plate or towel over the top of the jar or bowl.)
- After 48 hours, pour off the rejuvelac. Drink for that day or store in a jar. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated, but if it is, it will keep several days.
- Pour another 2 cups water over the grains. Allow to ferment only 24 hours before pouring off.
- Repeat another 24 hour cycle, so that the grains are soaked a total of 3 times.
A dark quiet place is ideal for setting your jar or bowl. The temperature of the fermenting environment is important. Warmer temperatures will shorten fermenting times. In the summer, try soaking the seed 36 hours to start, then 16 hours instead of 24. Let ferment to your taste. It should be tart, not sour.
Adapted from Recipes for Longer Life by Ann Wigmore.